Did you eat fast food more than once week before getting UC

Use this forum to share your experiences of changes to lifestyle and diet. Have you found anything that helped your colitis ? Have you tried low residue diets or increasing your water intake ?

How often would you eat junk food / takeout / fast food in a week

None
33%
Once a week
44%
Twice a week
22%
Three times a week
No votes
Four times a week
No votes
Five times a week
No votes
Six times a week
No votes
7 times a week
No votes

Total votes: 9

MrZainUK

Post by MrZainUK »

Hey guys I was wondering about those of us that have been diagnosed with UC how many of us are takeout/fast food more than what someone might consider an acceptable amount.

I used to have chicken and chips and hot wings practically everyday for a couple of weeks before being diagnosed with UC.
I've read there's no definite link between the diet you have and the chance of getting UC but I was just curious how often other people with UC ate junk food

fedupmum

Re: Did you eat fast food more than once week before getting UC

Post by fedupmum »

Hardly ever! And I was actually a total health freak-gym several times a week, lived on bran flakes, wholesale bread and black coffee! Couldn't get my head around this new, low residue diet that went against everything I believed in :cry:
Ah well, at least I USED to look good!

JohnMPope
Power poster

Post by JohnMPope »

Diet can contribute to a relapse once you have UC, but the is no link showing that diet can cause UC in the first place.

Sub total colectomy, and stoma (Kermit) born on the 18th July 2012- Goodbye UC.

Nettynetty

Post by Nettynetty »

Not a lot of fast food to be honest but certainly lots of sweet things were in my diet pre UC. There is no proven link between diet and the cause of UC, from what I've learn at local patient education seminars, it's more likely to be a genetic cause which is set off by an environmental factor - sadly nobody knows what that is yet!

waveyb10
Power poster

Post by waveyb10 »

I ate fast food a couple of times a week, but I also ate a lot of processed food regularly over years and personally I'd say this is a more likely suspect. In any event, processed food can bring on flare-ups for me nowadays.

Although a link between diet and UC hasn't been proven yet, it also hasn't been completely eliminated, so I'm a firm believer in keeping an open mind about this. If a predisposition to autoimmune disease is half the problem, then diet could be the other half.

My UCer Website: www.ucer.info