Are these symptoms usual for colitis?

Use this forum for anything else colitis related. Strugling with the disease on a day to day basis - then somebody may be able to help you. Looking for some information - each topic in these forums are viewed by hundreds of other sufferers who may be able to help.

Moderators: Rosie, Joe Fogey, midjet, andrewg

Valkyrie
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Jan 2000

Are these symptoms usual for colitis?

Postby Valkyrie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

I've had ulcerative colitis flare-ups now and then over the years. I've been told that, even though I don't bleed in between times, that the condition is always there. This flare-up I'm not bleeding (or not obviously) and am feeling really unwell. My symptoms are the same as for a flare-up with bleeding:

Burning in my left side (descending colon) with the pain spreading into my thigh - horrible poisoned feeling.
Extreme fatigue but poor sleep as I'm so restless.
This time, unusually, wobbliness in my legs and have staggered a few times.
Occasional dizziness.
Moments lasting a split second where I feel disconnected even to the extent I'm not in the real world (weird!)
Wanting to poo but can't always - though runs when I can.
Wanting to pee more often.
Terrible craving for sugar and carbs - these make my condition worse but soooo hard to resist - weight gain :cry:
Anxiety and feeling low.

Do you guys get any of these symptoms?

Alexxx

Valkyrie
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Jan 2000

Re: Are these symptoms usual for colitis?

Postby Valkyrie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 pm

I also have the need to be quiet and alone. I've read that's a symptom of imflammation. It's your body's way of helping you to heal by being quiet and also staying away from people in case you're infective! It's not nice having to play at being sociable at work when all I want to do is lock myself away. And that's sad as I love people!

Return to “Other”