First time in hospital immense pain without suitable pain relief

Use this forum for anything else colitis related. Strugling with the disease on a day to day basis - then somebody may be able to help you. Looking for some information - each topic in these forums are viewed by hundreds of other sufferers who may be able to help.

Moderators: Rosie, Joe Fogey, midjet, andrewg

Paicey1234
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Aug 2006

First time in hospital immense pain without suitable pain relief

Postby Paicey1234 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Hello,

Sorry, just joined - currently in hospital for the first time, been here for a few days

I have had UC for 11 years, a d this is my first time inside.

From 8am to 2pm today I was only offered paracetamol and buscapan yet I was curled up on the hospital bed, complaining about the pain, and asking for more relief. I also was buzzing every 20mins, yet was simply told "the doctor has been informed". I didn't really realise what had happened until tonight and now I am very confused.

When asked to rate my pain I said it was around a "7" ... On my night of admission I was giving a rating of 8 and they gave me morphine.

Anyone had a similar experience? I wrote down a retrospective time breakdown of the day. I think I asked for additional pain relief around 15-20 times through buzzing the nurses. Happy to share the timeline if someone has advice.

Sorry if this is not an appropriate post. I was not sure where else to turn, or sure if I have made my point clearly above

Return to “Other”