IBD - plymouth university

Are you involved in research into the causes and treatment of ulcerative colitis? Have you read some recent research ? If so share it with others in this forum. If you think something should be researched then maybe someone reading this forum would be interested in doing it.
SarahEllson
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 0- 1-1998

IBD - plymouth university

Post by SarahEllson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 am

My name is Sarah Ellson, and I am carrying out research considering the perceptions of and factors affecting well-being in people suffering from Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). I am hoping to explore the experience of IBD through key experiences. The research project is a funded PhD through the University of Plymouth.

The research is a qualitative study of people living with inflammatory bowel disease and it will involve email interviews focusing on relationships with health professionals and family and friends and how their support and other factors affect well-being. I would like to hear your story, in your own words, about living with IBD and the experiences that you have had. I anticipate that this will involve an initial email from me with some questions which you may answer as few or as many as you wish. This may lead to further email communication over a space of two months, or if you would prefer to end communication after one email this is not a problem.

There is no pressure or requirement to take part and it is your choice as to whether you would like to contribute to this piece of research. You are free to withdraw from the process at any time without providing a reason and without detriment to your relationship with the support group. You are not compelled to answer any questions that make you feel uncomfortable. The benefits of taking part are furthering knowledge of this area and raising awareness of what people who suffer from inflammatory bowel disease consider to be important in both their health and decision making related to their health.

Any information I collect through email interviews will be made strictly anonymous and at no point will personal names or email addresses be used in the completed research.

Any help is very gratefully appreciated, and my email address is sarah.ellson@postgrad.plymouth.ac.uk