My JPouch's 4th Birthday

Are you considering surgery ? Have you had surgery ? Trying to cope with colostomy ? Share your experience with others here.
rogalin47
Power poster
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Jul 1992

Re: My JPouch's 4th Birthday

Post by rogalin47 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi Daz
Dont know if you remember but I met up with you, Karen and Kev in Brum a few years ago, you were still a baggie then! It was about 6 months after my first op so was great for me to meet more experienced guys. I recall bumping into you and your wife Christmas shopping in Cheltenham not long afterwards too!!

So pleased to hear you're in good health and happy with your pouch.

Poorly me, I followed your posts back in the day with much interest as knew I was heading the same way so feel as though I know you too :D I really feel for your friend, just the memory of rectal meds makes me shudder!!!!

21 years of evil UC over on 6th April 2013, welcome to Norman the stoma whose given me my life back!!

Poorly Me
What is your status: Other
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 02 Feb 2010

Post by Poorly Me » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Bum Meds!! I was at my very lowest point then I recall. Makes me tearful, as I said, when advising pal how to administer the horrid things. As a nurse, I have given many enemas to patents, but to do my own was lonely, sad and I knew futile :( and gave me awful cramps.

Yes Rogalin, I think I was kinda done and dusted by the time you were posting but of course I remember you too!

I occasionally WhatsApp Shell who had surgery few days b4 me! She is like us MacDaz....we are what we eat!!! We met at a St Marks Pouch info day and was great to catch up with her and Bernie.

Does anyone keep in touch with Just Me?

I've just had a nosey through old posts and Karen, poor you with more surgery! one of my biggest worries having adhesions/blockage surgery. I take a core class weekly to try to keep tummy muscles reasonably toned though sometimes it's just your luck as I know you were a gym bunny, Karen.

BTW, few hours later...I've Emptied pouch twice more....ice cream GRR

Holly X

Karencraig
Power poster
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 08 Jan 2010

Post by Karencraig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:33 am

Gosh yes we were so lucky to have one another. I've signed up as an advocate for another organisation as I wouldnt be where I am now without the amazing support I got. Holly, good to hear you are still intouch with Shell. Give her my best, and was only thinking of her the other day.

My blockage was a bit annoying at the time, but apart from that Marvin has been superb. Rogalin has had a much rockier time than me, so I have to stay upbeat or she'll just laugh at me!

Daz, I'll PM you for your phone number. We are at Copethorne hotel, so hopefully I can meet up with you before I go home. would be interested in seeing your daughters art work too.

Re adhesions - I'm doing a remedial massage course at the moment (on a session this weekend). and massage is recommended after any surgery, as the stretching process can help stop adhesions!

Havent heard from Just me for ages

EX UC sufferer,surgery on 1 March 2012!!! Marvin (Stoma) became my life enhancer.

baggiedaz
Power poster
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 15 Mar 2011

Post by baggiedaz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 am

Haha this is becoming like an old school reunion

Rogalin of course I remember meeting you in Brum and then in the freezing cold in Cheltenham - came back from there somewhat poorer! Glad to hear you are so happy after all your surgery and enjoying life.

McHolly - Stourbridge is 15 mins down the road from us so if you're in this neck of the woods and would like to me up that would be great ( I remember you could sink a Guinness quicker than me) Yep if my new plumbing plays up its usually my fault but the sore bum after teaches me a lesson - how at times I have wished to meet a friendly gay snowman :lol:
A friend of my son and her sister have recently been diagnosed with UC - 2 youngsters facing those horrible treatments that we all know ultimately can't cure . I know they would fear surgery but ultimately it gave us all our lives back and was the best solution.

I called Shell a few times after my last op and she was great giving me loads of help and advice and in no time my Pouch settled down. I remember she thought I had turned into a donkey as I would only eat carrots and wouldn't try any other veg for ages - stick to what works was my motto !

I've sent you my number Karen so if you have chance it would great to meet you again - never met a supermodel before !

Great to catch up with you all and hear how well everyone is.
Look after yourselves

Daz/McDaz

Sub total colectomy carried out 07/11/12
J Pouch formed and activated 30/07/14

rogalin47
Power poster

Post by rogalin47 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Its more than my life's worth to laugh at you karen, it's thanks to your advice and friendship that I'm the happy and sane (?!!). stoma owner that I am!
Yeah I've had more than my fair share of blockages and hospital admissions for sure but since my last op where Norman was moved from right to left, life has been a breeze.

Daz just the thought of you wanting to meet a gay snowman after a curry had me roaring with laughter :lol: :lol:

21 years of evil UC over on 6th April 2013, welcome to Norman the stoma whose given me my life back!!

rogalin47
Power poster

Post by rogalin47 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Just thinking that its due to us all having had uc and joining this forum that we all got to know each other, so something good came out of all our suffering :yes:

Karencraig
Power poster

Post by Karencraig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Was just thinking the same. I found some fantastic people due to my colitis, who helped me before, during and after. And now I'm getting emotional. The colitis days were horrid, but what I remember most is the emotion of the support from here, NHS and colleagues.
Daz, I'll try and find that supermodel, and bring her along!

EX UC sufferer,surgery on 1 March 2012!!! Marvin (Stoma) became my life enhancer.

rogalin47
Power poster

Post by rogalin47 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Ha, well it won't be me, nothing super or model like about me, I'm far too like the Michelin man to warrant supermodel status :na: :na:

Karencraig
Power poster

Post by Karencraig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 pm

:P Give over - lovely lady.
Sorry Holly - we are highjacking your post - but doesnt it show how we've all moved on from those nasty dark days.

Poorly Me
What is your status: Other
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 02 Feb 2010

Post by Poorly Me » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Not hijacking thread at all, Karen. Lovely to catch up.

You have reminded me to tummy massage......I used to do that every night after my bath in the beginning but like so many other things I forget!

Yes dark days long gone and we are obviously all coping very well so 10/10 for us.

MacDaz..yep I can still down a Guinness..... best way not hitting the sides eh. Fred tolerates very well and almost medicinal!
Can I share your gay snowman please....still hate the butt burn but worth it when eating naughty stuff like the big bag of Maltesers I had to myself at the cinema last night..ouch
Son moving to Abu Dhabi in few weeks so I'll be seeing him there a few times a year rather than SUnny Stourbridge ...my daughter n grandchild already live there...is it me??

Rogalin..such a shame you had problems post UC but you appear great now and very happy too.

Hope your super modelling went well the other day Girls...well done.

All the Best

Holly X