Bananas!

Are you considering surgery ? Have you had surgery ? Trying to cope with colostomy ? Share your experience with others here.
rogalin47
Power poster
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Jul 1992

Bananas!

Post by rogalin47 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Just wondered if anyone had any issues with bananas. I love bananas but my stoma really doesnt seem to like them at all. I find they seem to have some difficulty passing through into my bag and it makes no difference how ripe or unripe they are. They end up in my bag about 2 hours after eating them causing some discomfort along the way.

I was always led to believe bananas were good for us baggies?? It all seems very strange as Im not having any problems with any other food and I am eating pretty much everything now..... Including raw cabbage & carrots and nuts, lots of nuts :D

21 years of evil UC over on 6th April 2013, welcome to Norman the stoma whose given me my life back!!

Karencraig
Power poster
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 08 Jan 2010

Re: Bananas!

Post by Karencraig » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Its the one fruit I can eat fresh.
Weird.

EX UC sufferer,surgery on 1 March 2012!!! Marvin (Stoma) became my life enhancer.

rogalin47
Power poster
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Jul 1992

Post by rogalin47 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Yeah its very odd. Today I made a cold rice salad with every salad vegetable going plus raw apple and cashew nuts mixed into it and we had that with homemade chunky coleslaw and a mushroom terrine. I wont have any problems with any of that but if I ate a banana....... Eeughh :devil:

I did eat a tad too much beetroot tho and have a very colourful output tonight :lol:

21 years of evil UC over on 6th April 2013, welcome to Norman the stoma whose given me my life back!!

philayl63
Power poster
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 0- 2-2001

Post by philayl63 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi, I don't have a problem with bananas for which I'm very grateful, you can do a lot with a banana if you're very inventive! :whistle: Phil