Flare up early Christmas present!

Nearly three out of four ulcerative colitis (UC) sufferers (73 percent) responding to a new nationwide survey say not feeling well has become a normal part of life. Furthermore, they describe UC as disruptive when it comes to their relationship with a spouse (64 percent), their sexual relations (75 percent) and their emotional state (82 percent).
How do you cope with colitis ? Are you struggling with the emotional effects ? Even if a problem shared isn't a problem halved it may help to discuss it with people in the same situation.
Hanko1983
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Oct 2005

Flare up early Christmas present!

Post by Hanko1983 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello all,

Diagnosed with UC about 11 years ago.

i seem to have flare ups every year or so and of course have just started another just in time for Christmas!

This one started with normal early signs but Saturday night I had a fever. Freezing cold in bed and couldn't stop shaking then woke up soaked with sweat. Does this mean it's a much worse flare up as never had this before? Also had a few mouth ulcers in the last week. Looks like a trip to the docs for another repeat prescription of Asacol! Oh oh oh the joy!

Merry Christmas all.

Karencraig
Power poster
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 08 Jan 2010

Re: Flare up early Christmas present!

Post by Karencraig » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 am

Sorry only just seen your post. Sounds like you might have a bug. Hope you are feeling better. Did you get the asacol. Mouth ulcers definitely a sign you are run down.

EX UC sufferer,surgery on 1 March 2012!!! Marvin (Stoma) became my life enhancer.