Canasa use in morning

Nearly three out of four ulcerative colitis (UC) sufferers (73 percent) responding to a new nationwide survey say not feeling well has become a normal part of life. Furthermore, they describe UC as disruptive when it comes to their relationship with a spouse (64 percent), their sexual relations (75 percent) and their emotional state (82 percent).
How do you cope with colitis ? Are you struggling with the emotional effects ? Even if a problem shared isn't a problem halved it may help to discuss it with people in the same situation.

Moderators: Rosie, midjet, andrewg, Joe Fogey

Theresa0921
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Dec 2015

Canasa use in morning

Post by Theresa0921 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm

I have left sided colitis and have been on 4 lialda and 1 Rowasa enema daily. It had been working and I was in remission since May. Still talking both and currently with minor flare. Called my GI Doctor and she started me on 1 Canasa suppository in morning, 1 hydrocortisone suppository after work, and still taking the lialda as well as Rowasa enema before bed. This morning I took the Canasa and really tried hard to hold it in for 3 hours -!: then expelled mostly liquid from my bowels. Could this be from the Canasa as I have not been having watery diarrhea prior, just a lot of gas, looser stools, and some blood. Thanks!