adalimumab study??

Feedback on peoples experience of Adalimumab - to be fed back to NICE as part of the consultation exercise

Moderators: Rosie, Joe Fogey, midjet, andrewg

adalimumab study??

Postby dinosore » Tue May 07, 2013 4:23 pm

hi all,
i have just been invited to take part in a research study which will involve me taking Adalimumab injections for the treatment of my U/C.
I've had U/C for over 20 yrs and at times it's been bloody awful. But, at the moment Its not too bad. I have a steady job which i love, and as long as I'm careful, i can live a fairly normal life without too many accidents, i take azathioprine, Sulphasalzine tablets and mesalazine suppositories every day.
this new offer has come out of the blue for me, and i was wondering how many other people have used this? how much data is there out there?
the last thing i want is for things to get worse again but the chance of a normal life is very appealing. i have read one post on here saying that it's great, but, to be honest i thought if there's one place i can find out info it would be here, but there does not appear to be much? i may be looking in the wrong place.
any help would be appreciated,
thanks.
dinosore

What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 10 Jun 1993

Re: adalimumab study??

Postby nellie100 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 am

hey, sorry i dont know alot about it, but im meant to start it in the next week or two for IBD arthritis. Its usually used for crohns disease and i believe its quite effective for that. all you can do is try it i guess. feeling abit weird about injecting myself but i didnt want to have to go into hospital all the time for infusions so they said this one.
nellie100
Power poster

Date first diagnosed with IBD: 0-12-2010

Postby stopnorman » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:44 pm

The Nurse demonstrated to my Wife and I how to do the injections in the stomach and can assure you are not painful and easy to administer. They are a pen type injection.

After having seven of the injections over a period of six weeks I became worse and now awaiting to have my colon removed.

Mine was for my UC and border line Crohns.

Wish you all the success and hope it works for you Good Luck.

Norm.

PS Ive been through the cards when it comes to medications.
[size=150]Certified for Ulcerative Colitis October 2009 but had been treated for IBS approx twenty years. Have never felt well again have problems daily and many flare ups since 03/2010. Now awaiting surgery to have colon/rectum/anus/bowel muscles removed.
stopnorman
Power poster

Date first diagnosed with IBD: 09 Aug 2009

Postby frannieq » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi, have you tried naltraxone? this medication looks interesting and am wondering if I will be able to get it through the hospital...
frannieq

Date first diagnosed with IBD: 0- 9-2000

Postby chlohan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi, I took humira for 12 weeks from September to December last year for my uc. No hassles taking it, easier than expected. Unfortunately for me it didn't touch my uc and had a bit of hassles with some side effects. Currently in hospital waiting to see if iv steroids are working enough to try infliximab or if it will be surgery this week. Hope it works for you, give everything a go is my motto!!
chlohan
Power poster

Return to Adalimumab